Monday, October 18, 2010

Exiles at the Well of Souls by Jack L. Chalker

Back in high school (freshman year, I believe) we were assigned to read a book during winter break and then talk to the class about it when we got back. That wasn't good enough for me, so I read the entire series of The Rings of the Master by Jack L. Chalker. I hadn't read tons of sci-fi at the time, so pretty much anything seemed good to me. The books were good enough that I generally consider Chalker to be an author worth picking up at the used book store. Which is why I picked up Exiles.

This book was interesting because the tech/mystical neat stuff was sufficiently different. The main idea is that reality is governed by equations and that a sufficiently advanced computer can adjust the equations for new bits of reality. Then, there is a world composed of a bunch of hexagons, where each hexagon has a completely different environment. Some people crash land on the planet and the main part of the story starts. I was disappointed that there is another book in this series because it ended rather abruptly.

Pages: 337

No comments:

Post a Comment